Image

The Music Hall

The Music Hall was added at the back of the County Assembly Rooms building in 1858 to seat 2500 people. The extension was designed by architect James Matthews who had been an apprentice of Archibald Simpson on the first building, but by this time was now quite experienced and was responsible for many of the famous buildings of Aberdeen around this time. The new Music Hall was opened by HRH Prince Albert in September 1859. The Prince Consort, Queen Victoria’s husband spoke for an hour to 2,500 people.

Details

Date:

September 1859